Rights and responsabilities
All the members of the University can make use of the library with a UD card. If you do not have a UD card, click here to apply for a Library Card. Cards can only be used by the holder and are required to enter the building and make use of library services.
If another person uses your card, it will be immediately revoked and you will be banned access to the library for three months.
- Before entering the library, users should leave their personal belongings, rucksacks, bags, etc. in the lockers available on the ground floor.
- Briefcases with laptops and documents may be taken into the library.
- 1 euro coins are required to use the lockers and are returned after use.
- Lockers may only be used during library hours.Any belongings left in the lockers at closing time will be removed.
It is forbidden to:
- Eat or drink
- Use mobile telephones
After having passed the turnstiles, lack of compliance with any of these three rules in any area of the library will result in denial of access to the library for three months.
It is obligatory to:
- Keep the area tidy and remain in silence.
- Respect the facilities, furniture, equipment and documents that the library makes available to users.
- Keep personal belongings with you at all times. The library will not be held responsible for unattended objects.
- Print Regulations for the use of the Library brochure (Spanish)
Regulations for the Use of the Reading Rooms
Rules for use of the Group Study Rooms
Rules for use of the Reference Room
Laptop loan rules (Bilbao campus)